Friday, July 28, 2006

Today...


I woke up at 7am, and took B her lunch, noticing as I walked that my thighs were killing after a day's heavy DIY at work yesterday. Came back, got ready, went to class. Taught a group of 12 adults to bead for 5 hours in a cold classroom, interspersed with having to remember all my sign language for a Deaf gentleman from Cameroon. My students are very capable and dedicated people, all of whom are older than me, and some of whom are doctors, nurses and accountants, so I have to watch myself to respect their dignity all the time - harder than it sounds in a class of over 12 who have English as a second language - the chances of being accidently patronising are quite high.


Then, I had half an hour at home with my mummy to grab some late lunch, before heading back to B, only to find that despite personally speaking to the head nurse this morning, and phoning to remind them, the staff still hadn't changed either B or L, and it took an hour before they were finally ready, with no apology being made to me or my mother. The oven was warming up at home the whole time, wasting precious electricity. B was in the seemingly manditory soddy mood, always a joy. So now they are next door scoffing down chips and sausages and lettuce like there is no tomorrow, whilst mum talks nicely to them, helping them make biscuits, and I have the first real rest I've had all day. We will take them home at 6pm, have half an hour at home ourselves, then head out to Jo-lene's house for a barbeque.

I'm just a tincy-wincy bit shattered.

They're shouting for me now, I have to go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home