Saturday, August 12, 2006

Breakthrough Days

They can come with no warning whatsoever. There are days when I go to see B and she's being such a grumpy sod that I leave straight away. Then other days I'm feeling awful and my BB cheers me up. Then there are breakthrough days, days when BB is suddenly in an amazingly non-defensive mood, and we have a lovely, heathy, educational time together.

Today was one of those. We sat and coloured in together, whilst L played with baby H on the mat. Then BB found a tiger mask I had brought, and we went to every ward going 'rrraaahhhhhh!' at the top of our voices. Kids who I had never seen laugh before giggled their hearts out at the sight. One staff member played along fantastically and jumped up onto the table.

But then came the real shocker. L was still on the mat when we got back from our ward-round, and B asked to go onto the mat as well. This is a child who often screams her heart out at the very thought of physio. She was keen to show me how she can sit up with me sitting behind her, roll over, and lie on her tummy. LIE ON HER TUMMY! She used to HATE lying on her tummy. Its amazing. There were high fives, cheers, and she even admitted that she's a clever girl.

Brilliant.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home