Thursday, October 12, 2006

Existential moment...
















I may be an anthropologist, a feminist, a teacher, a development worker, a product developer, a beader, a single woman, a public transport user, a smiler at strangers, a traveller, an academic, a friend, a daughter. I may see many extraordinary things, have experiences that few have the opportunity of, see sights which challenge, excite or disturb. There may be many moments in my life when I feel joy or happiness or fulfillment...


But I am who I truly am when I do a stupid dance in the middle of a room, spinning in circles and making funny faces, just to make some disabled kids laugh.

That is me at my most fulfilled, challenged, excited, happiest, joyful.

The laughter we share in that moment is one of the greatest expressions of love and connectedness that humans can share. It is immense, overwhelming, life-giving.

1 Comments:

Blogger jodds said...

Glad to hear the mad dance is still being put to good use ;o)

7:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home