Thursday, October 26, 2006

Late night antics...

So, driving out of the restaurant car park last night, my friend K asks if I've ever driven a beetle before. 'Um, I've never driven full stop'. K turns the car around and before I know it I'm sat in the driving seat getting my head, or rather my feet, around a clutch, a brake and an accelerator. And I did it. I drove around the deserted car park. About ten times probably! I changed gear, did an emergency stop, learnt all the sequences involved in stopping, starting, etc etc etc. At one point K even got out of the car and made me drive one round alone. I did it. In the whole time I only stalled once...

It feels like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders, I feel utterly elated. I also feel hugely saddened, because freedom of movement, which is what driving means to me, also means damaging my environment. Its something we forget all too easily.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home