Monday, November 06, 2006

Here's the thing...

At about midday I have all sorts of fascinating things to say. I sit on a bus or a minibus, or on my lunch break, composing beautiful pieces about the community I work in on a wednesday, or the astounding gracefulness of the woman in the red dress at the train station. Its just that, by the time I get home at 7pm, then cook, then do four hours work, I barely have the energy to undress before I get into bed. And all those newly composed verses and sharp, clear emotions become kind of messy and blurred and hazy, as I fall into a semi-coma listening to the Archers.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sweetpea said...

Perhaps take one of those tiny moleskin notebooks in your bag to capture those fleeting observations on-the-go? Little scribbled notes to remind you later on when you do have a moment to reflect and record?

Or, here's a radical thought, do a little bit less and have time to undress with leisure? I have a vested interest in encouraging this so I can hear your observations and thoughts. They are precious!

2:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home